Sven Piel is a lawyer at von appen | jens legal. He was born in Osnabrueck (1983) and grew up in Osnabruecker Land.
- Studied law at Bucerius Law School in Hamburg and Ludwig-Maximilians-University in Munich
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) March 2009 with the focus of corporate and tax law
- First State Examination in March 2010
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) at Kent-College of Law in Chicago, IL (USA) in May 2011
- Articled clerk at the at the Hanseatic Higher Regional Court in Hamburg
- Second State Examination in July 2016
- Admitted to the bar in January 2017
After completing his studies at Bucerius Law School, Sven Piel worked in two international law firms and at Bucerius Law School as a research assistant while writing his doctoral thesis. His main fields of practice were Media, New Technologies, Data Privacy and Intellectual Property. Furthermore, he worked as a general manager for two football clubs (up to 4th league) being in charge of financial and sports concerns of the clubs.
Sven Piel comprehensively advises various stakeholders from the entire sports and entertainment industry on a broad range of legal issues. His main areas of expertise include all aspects of Intellectual Property, as Copyright, Trademark and Competition law, as well as Data Privacy. He particularly advises several clubs on the Brand Portfolio and enforces their trademark rights both in court and in extra-judicial proceedings.